Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Mouthful of Sky...

Date: Sept 1st 2007.
Location: Aurangabad, Maharashtra.



This date may never be forgotten by me till the last breath of my life. the reason may still be unknow to me, but for sure, this was the best birthday gift i ever had.. A mouthful of sky..

This was one among the treks of my life that i might term as 'Risky' but if we go to conclude in the real worldly sense, the only word to do justice is, the F word.. 'Fatal'.

The feeling of being one with the Mother nature, was an overwhelming experience. Almost after living in those concrete jungles, day in and day out.. the emerald green world pushed me in a kind of a cultural shock.. but later when the realization dawned, it was a sense of truer belonging.. like that of a child towards the maternal goddess..

Along my path in the deep woods.. never was a moment of hesitation.. not a itch of doubt.. instead it was the same feeling of meeting a old cronies.. but with a bit of guilt for being away for a while..and as the blood ties make you feel at home, the woods welcomed me in their green arms, the lush soft heart and with an awe of innocence, which now surprise me as i relive that experience, i returned the embrace.

Down the up trail of the mountain range, along with the human accompanies, i was blessed with the companionship of the natural world.. the soothing music of the wind was honeyed potion to these chaos-deafened ears.. the unsullied air was elixir to the city's deadened lungs.. the movements of the wild were so lively and real.. unlike that of the so-called homo sapiens.. mechanical and menial..

It is truly said by someone very wise.."When the mouth shuts, mind speaks".. as i walked along the woods, in a comforting silence.. i became well aware of my surroundings.. the rustling of the branches.. the crunch of the leaves under the shoe.. the fragrance of a distant bloom.. the ripple of the stream.. all this was so real and endearing that now as i write this.. the atmosphere around me seems to unreal, artificial..

What i really shall remember of this trek.. is that special for which all the hardships, the hurt, the pain seems worthless.. is that view from the peak.. that was the feeling I'm so glad having felt.. head up in the cloud! and this time.. this was not just a phrase.. but in true sense of words..
i experienced, what they call as, 'Heaven on earth'.. with clouds around me, i was so sure.. this moment or the next, I'll see an angel..

After breathing in the air of victory and accomplishment.. a deep sense of tranquillity filled me..
the cold, moist clouds comforted my burning skin.. i laid my windcheater on the lush green ground.. taking my backpack as a pillow.. eagle-spread.. i began searching the horizons of the azure heavens.. eventually had A Mouthful of Sky..


No comments: